November 30, 2008

Meowy Christmas...a Pink Cat Challenge!

WHEW!! Finally...after the stockings were hung by the chimney with care...I headed to the basement to have some time with Pink Cat, before I tore out my hair... ok, bad rhyming I know...it's late, cut me a break, ok??

I've been forcing myself to do housework and decorating all weekend, so I finally demanded some time for myself (it was really hard too, everyone was already in bed *wink* I'm real tough, huh?) and particpated in the Pink Cat Challenge over on Papercraft Planet.

I pretty much only go over there to check on the Pink Cat Thread there...I have so many other things to keep up with, I can't really handle much more! Ha ha ha ha...

Anyway - the challenge was a 1,2,3... 1 Ribbon, 2 background layers, 3 embellishments...so here we are...
See that fabric in the background?? That was my inspiration for the colors of this card. It's a pair of pants I picked up for my daughter at Kohl's the other day...fun, and a bit 'non-traditional' wintertime colors.
Now, check out my ribbon...yep, it's stamped. I used the snowflake images from Lily & Billy Winter, and stamped them on SU!'s 5/8" Chocolate Grosgrain ribbon, with Papertrey Ink's Vintage Cream Ink. This is AWESOME for stamping on ribbon...I hope they come out with a true white with this formula as well...I just love it...look how crisp it comes out, plus the visibility! I added my 3 embellishments here...my cute little bling.
It felt good to get out there and create...I also worked on coloring some images I purchased today from squigglefly... of course I learned about them from Lauren Meader, and fell in love, so I hope to be back maybe even tomorrow with a finished product with one of the images :)
Well, thanks for stopping by - back to work tomorrow...BLECH.
Supplies:
Stamps: Pink Cat Studio, Cat Plate 1, Lily & Billy Winter
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Palette (through PTI) Vintage Cream
Paper: PTI Select White, Aqua Mist, SU! Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: CB Snow Dots Folder, AMuse Creative Candy, stardust stickles, copics, SU! 5/8" Chocolate Grosgrain

3 comments:

Molly B said...

Wicked cute! I love that stamped ribbon. Now it is my turn to go clean the house so we can decorate tonight. Gonna need some coffee, pronto. Have a great day! -Molly B

Melissa said...

Love your card Tracey! The ribbon is so pretty!

Lise Roy said...

Beautiful card.
Love your stamped ribbon.


Congratulations to be on a PCS guest designer.